Position: Land Manager – Anwyl Homes Lancashire
Location: The role will be based in our Lancashire office in Chorley.
Salary: Competitive salary according to experience
Working hours: 8:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m. (Monday-Thursday), 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. (Friday)
Although these are standard hours, there must be flexibility in order to fully fulfill the role that the position requires.
Anwyl Homes Lancashire is looking to strengthen the regional land team with the appointment of a land manager to work on promoting its current portfolio of sites, as well as identifying and assessing new land opportunities.
As Land Manager you will be responsible for finding viable, attractive and profitable land opportunities in line with the main business strategy in the Lancashire region. The successful candidate will work as part of a cohesive and experienced team on short to medium term opportunities.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to identify viable land development opportunities both on and off market for short to medium term delivery
- Ability to conduct site viability assessments, market studies and planning assessments on potential sites and areas
- Assist in the construction of a short to medium term land pipeline for the region
- Solid knowledge of the residential market with a growing individual network of contacts within the industry. This will be necessary in order to maintain and expand the business contact base with various landowners, agents and local authorities
- Be able to support and assist in the formulation and management of offers, coordination of investigations, negotiation with local authorities, agents, lawyers and third parties
- Obtain technical, legal and development information to liaise and request internal and external parties to assess site opportunities and constraints
- Technical ability and good understanding of the planning process and planning system in our region
- Ability to manage external consultants for submission of scheduling requests and calls as needed
- Support and assist the ground team and wider regional departments as required
- Comply at all times with company policies, procedures and instructions
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Will have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a developer or consultant and ideally from land and/or urban planning experience
- Proven experience in site identification and assessment and must be able to demonstrate previous work experience
- Must have a good geographical knowledge of our area of operation
- A qualified professional who is autonomous and able to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong and persuasive negotiation skills and the ability to communicate at all levels, both orally and in writing
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize own workload
- Excellent administrative and computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must hold a full UK driving license and be a competent driver as the role requires some of your time out of the office to attend site visits, meetings etc.
- 25 days of annual leave plus public holidays
- Company car or car allowance
- Company pension plan
- Private medical care
- Company phone and laptop