- Paul Arriola scored his fourth goal for FC Dallas. He has contributed to three goals and 1 assist in the last four games.
- Jesús Ferreira registered his second assist of the season. He has contributed to four goals and 1 assist in the last four games.
- Jáder Obrian registered his third assist of the season.
- MLS Box Score
Vancouver, BC (May 18, 2022) – FC Dallas (6-2-4, 22 points) lost to Vancouver Whitecaps FC (3-6-2, 11 points) 2-1 at BC Place on Wednesday night.
- 13′ – SHOT (DAL) – Jesús Ferreira tried to sneak a right footed shot past Cody Cropper but he went just wide.
- 16′ – SHOT (DAL) – Paul Arriola’s free-kick attempt broke Vancouver’s wall but landed just above Cropper’s goal.
- 32′ – LUCK (DAL) – Brandon Servania whipped a cross towards the back post for Jáder Obrian’s run but his shot attempt was cut off by Cropper.
- 45’+3′ – GOAL (DAL) – Ferreira squared the ball to Arriola who was running down the right side of the box and slid the ball under Cropper to give FC Dallas the 1-0 lead.
- 47′ – SHOT (VAN) – Vancouver’s Ryan Raposo attempted a shot that went over the goal defended by Jimmy Maurer.
- 49′ – FIRING (DAL) – Arriola handed the ball to Marco Farfan who attempted a left-footed shot from long range that was pushed out of danger for a Cropper corner.
- 71′ – GOAL (VAN) – Cristian Gutiérrez’s cross from the left side joined Brian White inside the box who headed the ball into the top left corner to level the game 1-1.
- 90’+2′ – GOAL (VAN) – Lucas Cavallini sent Maurer the wrong way from the penalty spot to give Vancouver a 2-1 lead.
FC Dallas Postgame Quotes
General thoughts on the match…
“The result was fair because we didn’t play well. We had a decent first half where we could have scored more than one goal. We had good attacks and good runs behind their baseline. We were able to break in and take some good positions, but the end product wasn’t great today. We led 1-0 but we know that Vancouver always shows a reaction and playing in their stadium is difficult. We gave up two goals by mistake and not being in the right position. It’s good learning because winning on the road is hard. We have to maintain that focus throughout the 90 minutes and we have to play our best at 100% to get a result on the road.
On the shape of Paul Arriola…
“As a team we find ways to play precise and dangerous passes for Paul. In that sense, we know each other better and we always find ways to see how we can affect opponents with those passes. The team feels comfortable and we are able to find those spaces for him so he can create danger.
On the team bounces back…
“It’s been a great experience for the team and the staff to be on the road for so long. We’ll see when we get back who’s available and ready to go after missing this trip. We’re going to prepare as best we can to get the three points at home against Minnesota United. Overall it was a great experience for us, we will use it when we go back on another long road trip. We will use it to better prepare them for future road games .
MPaxton Pomykal defender
On the team’s reaction to the game…
“We are not happy. We wanted six points on this road trip. In the first half, we did the right thing. But in the second half they scored two goals and that’s something we’ll have to think about. The boys are not happy and rightly so. We hold ourselves accountable and to a higher standard. We will be ready to leave on Sunday.
On clean up individual errors in the future…
“It just happens. It’s not a lack of focus or anything or because the guys aren’t doing their best. I had one against New England which led to a PK and we lost 1-0. I wasn’t trying to do that at the time, of course. Looking back, the guys think about the decision they’re making, but in the heat of the moment, it’s only a split second.
On the two-game road trip…
“Back-to-back games on the road are tough, especially with a midweek game and you’re not going home. But we got three points and I really feel like we could have gotten six. And it’s crazy to say because it’s frustrating when you win one on the road and you lose one, it just shows the level and level we have for us as a team this year. We don’t really think we should lose games and compete on the road or at home no matter what.