The International Forum for Precision Medicine: Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease will be moderated by researchers from the Valdecilla Research Institute (IDIVAL), Paula Iruzubieta and Javier Crespoand Jeff LazarusHead of Health Systems Research Group at IS Global Barcelona (NAFLD). This virtual forum must take place between May 9 and May 18, 2022. This forum will include an updated training program in which clinicians and researchers will discuss the issues and important components of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease research. This news is published by Index of Sciences Ltd.
SANTANDER, Spain, May 6, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Since the forum is online, it aims to have a larger and more diverse audience both nationally and internationally. Registration is completely free. Here is the link to register:
For the comfort of the participants, the presence is not obligatory. One can attend different sessions or the entire program as per one’s convenience. To gain greater reach, the slides for each presentation will be in English while a few will be in Spanish and English.
The forum will take place between 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Spain time. At the end of each session, an interactive discussion will be organized between the speakers and the clinicians and researchers present.
An overview of the program is presented below;
- On May 9, researchers from around the world will talk about the concept, epidemiology and burden of this disease. Speakers include
- Jeff Lazare (UNITED STATES)
- Javier Crespo (Spain)
- Marco Arrese (Chile) and
- Graciela Castro (Mexico)
- On May 10, the pathogenetic basis of the disease will be discussed at length. Speakers include
- Dr. Martínez-Chantar (Spain) and Dr. Paula Iruzubieta (Spain) will shed light on their translational research.
- Expert hepatologist and endocrinologist, Drs. Schattenberg (Germany) and Antonio Pérez (Spain) will explain screening and the relationship of this disease with diabetes.
- On May 11 clinical trials involving NAFLD will be presented. Speakers will include
- The first two presentations will be given by Dr. Mary E Rinella (UNITED STATES) and Dr. John F. Dillon (Dundee, UK), who will discuss the goals and challenges of NAFLD trials.
- dr. Calleja (Spain) and dr. Crespo (Spain) will present two very original clinical trials: the efficacy of vertical endoscopic gastroplasty and the transplantation of fecal microbiota as in patients with NASH.
- On May 16, clinical trials will be discussed in more detail, but from an industry perspective. Speakers will include
- Juan Basterra(Spain)-CEO of a start-up
- Salvador Augustin (Spain)-Senior Clinical Program Leader of a large company
- dr. Kenneth Cusi (UNITED STATES) will talk about the necessary multidisciplinary vision of this
- On May 17, the impact of changing patient habits and its influence on the improvement of this disease will be discussed. Speakers will include
- Dr. Romero (Spain) – Role of nutrition in NAFLD
- Dr Bataller (UNITED STATES) Role of alcohol and how to assess its consumption
- Shira Zelber-Sagi (Israel)
- Eva Pérez Bech and Dr. Albillos. Real patient needs
- At the closing date, i.e. May 18, NAFLD as a public health opportunity will be presented. Speakers include
- Dr Arias (Spain) – how telemedicine can help
- Dr. Mateo (Spain) and Jeff Lazarus -Keys to the Global Public Health Agenda for NAFLD
Each registered participant will receive (at the end of the program) the presentations and an e-book with the main contributions of each speaker.
About the International Precision Medicine Forum organized by IDIVAL
The International Precision Medicine Forum organized by IDIVAL began on February 14, which intends to review, from the perspective of different specialties and fields of knowledge, the main aspects related to clinical research and precision medicine.
For its first phase, the program currently has nearly a hundred conferences planned, given by national and international speakers who are leaders in their field, who will review the main issues and aspects of clinical research. A program endorsed by the ITEMAS Platform and the Biobanks and Biomodels Platform of the Carlos III Health Institute and the Spanish Society of Clinical Pharmacology and which benefits from the collaboration of scientific societies, more than 60 international institutions and backed by 8 major pharmaceutical companies. till date.
Liver disease is a leading cause of years of working life lost in Europe, just behind ischemic heart disease. And, without a doubt, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is the most common cause of chronic liver disease in our environment. Advances in the prevention and treatment of NAFLD are closely linked to the understanding of this disease from the pathophysiological and clinical point of view as a basis for a better definition of risk factors, the establishment of adequate predictors of disease progression , the definition of new biomarkers . and the individualization of the therapy adapted to the characteristics of each patient. This module will review the major advances in this disease by some of the world’s leading specialists in this field. Without a doubt, a course that will allow us to dive deeply into this disease.
This program offers a qualitative leap in training in precision medicine and clinical research, thus providing advanced knowledge of the research process.
About Index of Sciences Ltd
Index of Sciences Ltd is a trusted and compassionate online science database that provides the tips and tricks you need to improve your health.
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/international-forum-on-non-alcohol-liver-disease-to-take-place-in-santander-by-researchers -from -l-institut-de-recherche-valdecilla-idival-et-est-global-301541819.html
SOURCE Index of Sciences Ltd